IMSA DIVERSE DRIVER DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Learn more about the 2024-25 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship candidates HERE.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship Program promotes and empowers drivers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to participate in an IMSA-sanctioned series. The annual program includes substantial financial assistance from IMSA and several IMSA corporate partners, as well as other industry resources to elevate drivers from diverse backgrounds and experiences. This multi-dimensional scholarship will also work with awarded drivers to improve their interview, social media and overall professional skills for holistic success both on and off the track. One new scholarship will be awarded each year, with additional benefits extending to a second year for that selected recipient.
Applications must be completed and submitted by both the driver and their team in accordance with the deadline below. Drivers may only submit a single application with a single team. A team may submit separate applications with multiple drivers, if desired. Individual driver applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration as a Scholarship candidate:
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States, D.C., or any U.S. Territory and seventeen (17) years old as of the application due date.
- Have some formal racing experience, which includes having a competition license issued by a recognized racing organization.
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and/or describe how one has overcome obstacles to reach goals.
- Have a commitment from a team competing in an applicable Series during the 2025 season in which driver is applying for the Scholarship. Team must submit an application upon finalist notice as described in Section 2 of the Terms & Conditions.
- Must not be an employee, contractor, director, or officer, or a family member or household member of any such persons, of IMSA or the Sponsors, or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies.
Full scholarship benefits available HERE. The scholarship recipient will be responsible for securing any additional funding required to compete in the full 2025 season of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge or IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge.
The IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship will be a two-part application process. The first part of the application is available via the link below. Candidates selected for the next round of the application process will be expected to submit a comprehensive business plan and Letter of Intent with a team to compete in the full 2025 season of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge or IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2024: IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship application opens.
FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2024 by 11:59:59 p.m. ET: All IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship applications due. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 2024: Applicants notified if they are chosen to move on as a candidate in the application process.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9, 2024 by 11:59:59 p.m. ET: If selected as a candidate, the second portion of the application is due by this date.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2024: If chosen as the recipient of the 2025-2026 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship, candidate will be notified on or before this date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please review the full 2025-2026 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship Terms & Conditions available HERE.
The application process for the 2025-2026 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship is open. Apply HERE.
Email us at [email protected]