IMSA DIVERSE DRIVER DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIP
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship Program promotes and empowers drivers from a variety of backgrounds to participate in an IMSA-sanctioned series. The annual program includes substantial financial assistance from IMSA and several IMSA corporate partners, as well as other industry resources to elevate drivers from diverse backgrounds. This multi-dimensional scholarship will also work with awarded drivers to improve their interview, social media and overall professional skills for holistic success both on and off the track. One new scholarship will be awarded each year, with additional benefits extending to a second year for that selected recipient.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration as a candidate for the IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship:
- Be a female or member of one or more of the following ethnic minority classifications: American Indian, Alaskan Native or of native/indigenous descent; Asian or Pacific Islander; Black or African-American; Latino or Hispanic.
- Driver must be legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C. over the age of 17 at the date of the application;
- Driver must have some formal racing experience, having held a competition license issued by a recognized racing organization;
- Drivers must not be an employee, contractor, director, or officer, or a family member or household member of any such persons, of any of IMSA or the Sponsors, or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies.
- If selected as a finalist, driver must have a commitment from a team competing in the applicable Series during the 2022 season in which driver is applying for the Scholarship. Team must submit an application upon finalist notice as described in the Application Process below.
Full scholarship benefits available HERE. The scholarship recipient will be responsible for securing any additional funding required to compete in the full 2022 season of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge or IMSA Prototype Challenge.
The IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship will be a two-part application process. The first part of the application is available via the link below. Candidates selected for the next round of the application process will be expected to submit a comprehensive business plan and Letter of Intent with a team to compete in the full 2022 season of the IMSA WeatherTech Championship, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge or IMSA Prototype Challenge.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6: IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship application opens.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 31 by 11:59:59pm ET: All IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship applications due. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22: Applicants notified if they were chosen to move on as a finalist in the application process.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24 by 11:59:59pm ET: If selected as a finalist, the second portion of the application is due on this date.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5: Finalists will be notified if they were chosen as the recipient of the 2022-2023 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please review the full 2022-2023 IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship Terms & Conditions available HERE.
This link will close at 11:59:59pm ET on Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Email us at info@IMSA.com